PainChek UK Ltd
Stand Number: C1390
`Our purpose is to give a voice to people who cannot verbalise their pain.`
Learn how to consistently assess pain in those with Dementia or Alzheimer's Disease.
PainChek® is the world`s first pain assessment tool that has regulatory clearance in Australia and Europe.
Using AI and facial recognition technology, PainChek® provides carers across multiple clinical areas with three important new clinical benefits:
1. The ability to identify the presence of pain, when pain isn`t obvious
2. To quantify the severity level of pain, when pain is obvious, and;
3. To monitor the impact of treatment to optimise overall care
Every care home in the UK that provides services to those that have dementia or Alzheimer's should be using this tool to assess and manage pain.
Pain is common:
Up to 80% of people in aged care experience chronic pain.
But pain often goes undetected and untreated.
Pain is difficult to assess.
Tools to assess pain are often not used or use subjective rating scales.
Accurately identifying pain can:
- Improve quality of life
- Reduce rates and severity of behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia
- Reduce rates of incorrectly prescribed antipsychotics
- Improve staff retention